Simmered Crabs With Pork
|Lean pork||1⁄4 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Clean crabs. With a cleaver, chop each, shell and all, in 6 to 8 pieces.
2. Mince or grind pork. Crush garlic; mince scallions. Beat egg lightly.
3. Heat stock and stir in soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Keep warm.
4. Heat oil. Add remaining salt, then garlic, and stir-fry a few times. Add pork and stir-fry until it loses its pinkness (1 to 2 minutes).
5. Stir in stock mixture. Then add crab sections and heat quickly. Cook, covered, 8 to 10 minutes over medium heat.
6. Blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste; then stir in to thicken.
7. Turn off heat. Gently stir in beaten egg until it sets. Garnish with minced scallions and serve.