Pork Slices In Mole Verde
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped blanched almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned mexican green tomatoes||20 Ounce (Two 10 Ounce Can)|
|Minced cilantro/1 teaspoon dried coriander||1 Tablespoon (Coriander)|
|Minced canned green chilies||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock/2 cups water plus 2 chicken bouillon cubes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooked pork loin roast slices||8|
|Pickled mild chilies||3|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Combine onion, almonds, and oil in a saucepan Cook over medium heat until onion is soft.
2. Turn contents of cans of green tomatoes into an electric blender and blend until smooth (or force green tomatoes through a sieve).
3. Add puree to onion mixture and stir in coriander, chilies (to taste), and stock. Bring to boiling, reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, until reduced to 2 1/2 cups; stir occasionally.
4. Arrange meat in a large skillet, sprinkle with salt to taste, and pour sauce over meat. Cover, bring slowly to boiling, reduce heat, and simmer about 10 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
5. Arrange sauced meat on a platter. Garnish with lettuce and chilies. Accompany with sour cream.