Northwoods Pork Chops
|Instant wild rice||2 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pork chops||4 (3/4 Inch Thick)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded american cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
1. Prepare wild rice according to package directions.
2. Saute celery, green pepper, and onion in 4 tablespoons butter in a skillet. Combine with wild rice. Put into a 11/2 quart shallow baking dish.
3. Brown pork chops on both sides in skillet. Place on top of wild rice mixture.
4. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet. Blend in flour. Gradually add milk, stirring until thickened and smooth. Add salt and pepper. Pour over pork chops.
5. Bake, covered, at 350°F 1 hour, or until chops are done. Sprinkle with cheese.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2352 Calories from Fat 1297
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 146 g224.9%
Saturated Fat 78.3 g391.3%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 601.4 mg200.5%
Sodium 2314.2 mg96.4%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.7%
Sugars 29.4 g
Protein 147 g293.3%
Vitamin A 65.3% Vitamin C 51.7%
Calcium 129.4% Iron 37.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet