Northwoods Pork Chops
|Instant wild rice||2 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pork chops||4 (3/4 Inch Thick)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded american cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
1. Prepare wild rice according to package directions.
2. Saute celery, green pepper, and onion in 4 tablespoons butter in a skillet. Combine with wild rice. Put into a 11/2 quart shallow baking dish.
3. Brown pork chops on both sides in skillet. Place on top of wild rice mixture.
4. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet. Blend in flour. Gradually add milk, stirring until thickened and smooth. Add salt and pepper. Pour over pork chops.
5. Bake, covered, at 350°F 1 hour, or until chops are done. Sprinkle with cheese.