Braised Marinated Pork
|Ginger root slice||1|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Oil||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||5 Tablespoon|
1. Cut pork in 4 equal parts. Cut scallion in 2-inch sections.
2. Mince ginger root and garlic; then combine with soy sauce and sherry.
3. Add mixture to pork and toss gently. Let stand 30 minutes, turning meat occasionally; then drain, discarding marinade.
4. Heat oil in a heavy pan. Add pork and brown quickly on all sides.
5. Add sugar, remaining soy sauce, pepper and scallion. Simmer, covered, until pork is done (about 45 minutes). Cut in 1-inch cubes and serve.