Basic Stir Fried Pork
|Lean pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Fresh ginger root slices||2|
|Stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Slice pork thin against the grain. Combine cornstarch and soy sauce, then add to pork and toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Slice vegetables. Cut scallions in 1/2 inch sections. Crush garlic and mince ginger root. Combine stock, sherry, salt and remaining soy sauce.
3. Heat oil. Add remaining salt, then garlic and brown lightly. Add pork and stir fry until it begins to brown (about 3 minutes). Remove from pan.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add ginger root and stir fry a few times. Add vegetables; stir fry to coat with oil (about 1 minute).
5. Stir in stock mixture and heat quickly. Cook, covered, over medium heat until nearly done.
6. Return pork and stir fry to reheat and blend flavors