Braised And Marinated Pork Chops
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Ginger root slices||3 (Fresh)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Thick pork chops||6|
1. Bone pork chops and cut meat in 1 1/2 inch cubes. (Reserve bones for stock.)
2. Mince ginger root and garlic, then combine with soy sauce and sherry.
3. Add to pork and toss gently. Let stand 30 minutes, turning meat occasionally; then drain, discarding marinade.
4. Meanwhile cut scallion stalks in 1-inch sections. Combine remaining soy sauce with sugar and pepper.
5. Heat oil in a heavy pan. Add marinated pork and brown quickly on all sides. Add scallions and stir-fry a few times.
6. Stir in soy mixture. Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, until tender
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1692 Calories from Fat 954
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 107 g164%
Saturated Fat 26.2 g131.2%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 469.1 mg156.4%
Sodium 3115.8 mg129.8%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.2%
Sugars 16.8 g
Protein 145 g289.5%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 13.2%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 32.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet