Braised And Marinated Pork Chops
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Ginger root slices||3 (Fresh)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Thick pork chops||6|
1. Bone pork chops and cut meat in 1 1/2 inch cubes. (Reserve bones for stock.)
2. Mince ginger root and garlic, then combine with soy sauce and sherry.
3. Add to pork and toss gently. Let stand 30 minutes, turning meat occasionally; then drain, discarding marinade.
4. Meanwhile cut scallion stalks in 1-inch sections. Combine remaining soy sauce with sugar and pepper.
5. Heat oil in a heavy pan. Add marinated pork and brown quickly on all sides. Add scallions and stir-fry a few times.
6. Stir in soy mixture. Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, until tender