Deep Fried Pork Strips And Walnuts
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Lean pork||1 Pound|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Walnut meats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Blanch walnuts. Cut pork in 1/2 inch thick slices, then in 1/2 by 1 1/2 inch strips.
2. Blend flour, brown sugar and soy sauce to a paste. Add to pork and toss to coat.
3. Heat oil until nearly smoking. Add pork strips, half a cup at a time, and deep fry until crusty and golden. Drain on paper toweling.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add walnuts and stir fry briefly until pale golden.
5. Return pork. Sprinkle with remaining soy sauce and stir frv only to reheat.