Stir Fried Roast Pork And Mixed Vegetables
|Chinese cabbage stems||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pork roast||1⁄2 Pound|
|Almond meats||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Blanch and toast almonds. Dice roast pork, Chinese cabbage stems, fresh mushrooms, bamboo shoots, onion, celery, snow peas, and water chestnuts. Mince scallion.
2. Blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste; stir in sugar and pepper.
3. Heat oil. Add salt, then all vegetables; stir fry to coat with oil (about 2 minutes).
4. Stir in and heat stock quickly. Then cook, covered, over medium heat until vegetables are nearly done (about 2 minutes).
5. Add roast pork, stir frying only to heat through. Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken.