Steamed Leg Of Pork
|Pork leg||1 Small (Hind)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. Wipe pork with a damp cloth. Pierce skin all over with a pointed knife or skewer, then rub soy sauce into skin.
2. Place pork in a large heavy saucepan with first quantity of cold water. Bring to a boil; then simmer, covered, 40 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid for stock. Let meat cool.
3. Combine sugar, sherry and remaining soy sauce, then rub over pork. Crush garlic.
4. Heat oil and brown garlic lightly. Turn off heat; stir in remaining sugar and last of the soy sauce.
5. Transfer pork to a large heatproof bowl and pour garlic sauce over. Steam pork by the bowl-in-a-pot method until tender, about 11/2 hours.
6. Wash spinach and remove tough stems. Cut leaves in 2-inch sections, then sprinkle with salt.
7. Boil second quantity of water and pour over spinach. Let stand until leaves begin to soften (1 to 2 minutes). Drain and arrange on a large serving platter.
8. When steamed pork is done, transfer to spinach bed. Pour pork gravy into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
9. Meanwhile, blend cornstarch and remaining cold water to a paste, then stir in to thicken. Pour sauce over pork and spinach and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3244 Calories from Fat 1776
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 198 g304.6%
Saturated Fat 69.9 g349.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3121.4 mg130.1%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.8%
Sugars 47.5 g
Protein 264 g527%
Vitamin A 850.6% Vitamin C 217.6%
Calcium 47.4% Iron 73.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet