Gold Coin Pork
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Ginger root slice||1 (Fresh)|
|Lean pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Sesame oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried mushrooms||8 Small (Black Colored)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Slice pork in 1/16 inch slices, then in 1 1/2 inch squares. Cut bacon strips in similar squares. Place both in a bowl, along with mushrooms.
3. Mince ginger and scallion, then combine with soy sauce, sherry and star anise.
4. Add to pork, bacon and mushrooms and toss gentlv. Let stand 1 to 2 hours, turning occasionally. Drain, transferring marinade to a saucepan.
5. Arrange mushrooms, pork and bacon squares alternately on skewers. Meanwhile, heat oil.
6. Gently lower in skewers and deep fry ingredients until golden, turning skewers for even cooking. (Handle skewers with tongs to protect hands). Drain on paper toweling. Let cool slightly, then remove skewers.
7. Meanwhile, add sugar and sesame oil to marinade in saucepan. Heat slowly but do not boil. Briefly dip pork, bacon and mushrooms in marinade