Stir Fried Pork And String Beans
|Lean pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|String beans||1 Pound|
|Fresh root ginger slice||2|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Mince or grind pork. Dice string beans, then parboil. Mince ginger root. Blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
1. Separately soak dried mushrooms and peastarch noodles (vermicelli).
2. Slice pork thin against the grain, then cut in strips. Peel fuzzy melon, then cut in thin strips, each about 2 inches long. Cut vermicelli in 2 inch lengths. Sliver or shred mushrooms.
3. Heat oil. Add salt, then pork, and stir fry until it loses its pinkness (about 2 minutes).
4. Add vermicelli, mushrooms and soy sauce. Stir fry 1 minute more.
5. Stir in and heat stock quickly; then cook, covered, 2 minutes over medium heat.
6. Add fuzzy melon and cook, uncovered, 2 minutes more, stirring frequently.