Braised Pork With Hardboiled Eggs
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Hardboil eggs, then cool under running water and shell. Slice onion.
2. Place pork in a pan with water and bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 2 minutes, then drain, discarding liquid.
3. Heat oil in a large heavy pan. Add onion and stir-fry until translucent. Add pork and brown quickly on all sides.
4. Stir in and quickly heat soy sauce, sugar and sherry; then simmer, covered, 30 minutes, turning meat once or twice.
5. Add eggs and simmer 30 minutes more, turning meat and eggs once or twice for even cooking and coloring.