Braised Pork With Hardboiled Eggs
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Hardboil eggs, then cool under running water and shell. Slice onion.
2. Place pork in a pan with water and bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 2 minutes, then drain, discarding liquid.
3. Heat oil in a large heavy pan. Add onion and stir-fry until translucent. Add pork and brown quickly on all sides.
4. Stir in and quickly heat soy sauce, sugar and sherry; then simmer, covered, 30 minutes, turning meat once or twice.
5. Add eggs and simmer 30 minutes more, turning meat and eggs once or twice for even cooking and coloring.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2090 Calories from Fat 855
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 95 g146.9%
Saturated Fat 22.4 g112.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 1867.6 mg622.5%
Sodium 8455.8 mg352.3%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.4%
Sugars 25.3 g
Protein 244 g487.3%
Vitamin A 29.3% Vitamin C 16.9%
Calcium 26.9% Iron 99.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet