Apple and Pecan Stuffed Pork Loin Roulade
|Honey apple oat bread slices||8 (0.5 Loaf , Wegmans Soft-Crusted Bakery)|
|Sweet onion||1⁄4 Small, peeled and chopped (0.5 Cup)|
|Celery stalks||2 , trimmed and chopped (0.5 Cup)|
|Peeled garlic||7 Clove (35 gm), minced (Divided)|
|Mcintosh||1 Small, 0.25 inch diced|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon (Divided)|
|Apple cider||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Wegmans)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Toasted)|
|Rosemary sprigs||3 , stripped and chopped (Use Fresh)|
|Boneless pork loin||2 Pound|
|Sea salt||To Taste (Wegmans)|
|Cracked pepper||To Taste|
|Beef stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Wegmans Beef Flavored)|
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
1. Make stuffing: Dice loaf of bread into 1/2-inch cubes. Arrange in even layer on parchment paper-lined baking sheet; bake 15 min, until toasted and crunchy. Transfer to large bowl; set aside.
2. Toss onion, celery, 2 minced cloves of garlic, and apple in bowl.
3. Heat 2 Tbsp oil in pan on MEDIUM. Add onion-celery-apple mixture; saute 3-5 min until softened but not browned. Stir in apple cider and pecans. Saute 2 min on MED-HIGH. Add mixture to bowl of bread cubes; set aside.
4. Combine remaining 4-5 minced cloves of garlic and rosemary in a small bowl; set aside.
5. Prepare pork: Slice into pork loin, keeping knife even with cutting board. "Unroll" meat, cutting as you go, to create one long, flat, even piece of meat. Try not to slice through, using even strokes to attain a thickness of 1/4" - 1/2" throughout. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Top pork with a layer of stuffing, about the same thickness as meat. Press stuffing into meat, then roll up (jelly-roll fashion) fairly tight. Tie roast with twine.
7. Press garlic-rosemary mixture onto meat, covering all sides. Heat remaining oil in saute pan on MEDIUM-HIGH; add roast, turning to sear all sides, 5-8 min. Transfer browned pork to roasting pan, fat side up. Deglaze saute pan with butter and 1 cup beef stock; stirring 2-3 min. Pour pan juices into roasting pan.
8. Roast about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs in 300 degree oven, or until internal temp of stuffing is 165 degrees. Baste a few times during the roasting process. Remove from oven; let rest.
9. Clip twine; slice meat. Drizzle with pan juices.