Strawberry-Lemonade Swirl Yogurt Pops
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Strawberry yogurt||18 Ounce (3 Green Valley Organics, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Kefir||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Green Valley Organics Plain)|
|Strawberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Honey/Agave nectar||2 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||2 Tablespoon|
1. Peel the lemon, reserving the whole lemon for later use. Place the peel in a saucepan with water and sugar. Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer, and stir occasionally until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature. Strain and refrigerate until needed.
2. Put yogurt and kefir in a blender; add chilled sugar syrup and blend until smooth. Pour into a liquid measuring cup.
3. Rinse out blender, add strawberries, honey and water. Pulse until smooth.
4. Pour the yogurt mixture into each of the molds, about two-thirds full.
5. Top the molds off with the strawberry puree.
6. Using a wooden skewer, poke the strawberry puree down into the yogurt mixture, swirling as you move the stick up, down, and around in the mold.
7. Tap mold gently to release any air bubbles.
8. If using a conventional mold, place the top on the pops and insert sticks. Freeze until solid, about 3 to 4 hours. If using cups, glasses or unconventional molds, freeze until pops just begin to set, then insert the sticks, and freeze until solid.
PER SERVING: 92 CAL; 4G PROT; 1G TOTAL FAT (1G SAT. FAT); 17G CARB; 2MG CHOL; 47MG SOD; 1G FIBER; 18G SUGARS
This recipe was contributed by Green Valley Organics. To learn more about then visit www.greenvalleylactosefree.com.