Peaches-n-Cream Dream Pops
|Peach yogurt||18 Ounce (3 Green Valley Organics, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Kefir||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Green Valley Organics Plain)|
|Honey/Agave nectar||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract/Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped peaches||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Fresh Or Frozen)|
1. Put yogurt, kefir, honey, and vanilla in a blender, and pulse until smooth.
2. Pour some of the yogurt mixture into each of the molds, about 2-inches.
3. Divide the chopped peaches evenly between the molds, and top off each mold with the rest of the yogurt mixture.
4. Using a chopstick or wooden skewer, poke the peaches in and around the yogurt mixture, swirling as you move the stick up, down, and around in the mold.
5. Tap mold gently to release any air bubbles.
6. If using a conventional mold, place the top on the pops and insert sticks. Freeze until solid, about 3 to 4 hours. If using cups, glasses or unconventional molds, freeze until pops just begin to set, then insert the sticks, and freeze until solid.
PER SERVING: 84 CAL; 4G PROT; 1G TOTAL FAT (1G SAT. FAT); 15G CARB; 2MG CHOL; 47MG SOD; 1G FIBER; 12G SUGARS
Tips for the Perfect Frozen Pop
• Buy a traditional mold (there are lots on the market these days!) or get eco-creative and come up with some unique options of your own. Here are a few that we like: juice or shot glasses, tall skinny glasses, “Dixie cups”, yogurt cups (this can be a little big, so just fill them 2/3 full), muffin tins.
• Stock up on sticks from your local craft store.
• Straight sticks: To keep frozen pop sticks straight, especially with thinner pop mixtures, soak the sticks in water before inserting and/or straighten the sticks as the pops freeze. Thicker mixtures, like yogurt, usually don’t need adjustment.
• To unmold one or two pops, run hot water over the outside of the individual mold for a few seconds. Pull gently to release the pop. If you’re unmolding the whole batch, carefully dip the mold into a sink filled with warm water.
• While it’s best to keep pops in the mold until just before eating or serving, if you need your mold to make more pops, store each pop in its own unbleached natural wax paper bag. Enjoy pops within a week.
This recipe was contributed by Green Valley Organics. To learn more about then visit www.greenvalleylactosefree.com.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 568 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.4%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.24%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15 mg5%
Sodium 257.3 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g39.8%
Dietary Fiber 12.9 g51.7%
Sugars 80 g
Protein 22 g43.3%
Vitamin A 46.6% Vitamin C 58.4%
Calcium 61.9% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet