Salad De Chou Rouge Aux Pommes
Red Wine Vinegar - 4 tablespoons
Vinaigrette Dressing - 4 fl oz/125 ml (made with lemon juice and vegetable oil)
Apples - 1 -2
1. Slice cabbage into quarters and discard its core.
2. Shred the leaves finely using a sharp knife, mandoline slicer or food processor. Place them in a salad bowl.
3. In a pan, boil vinegar.
4. Pour the vinegar over chopped cabbage leaves. Toss well.
5. The colour of the cabbage will change from light green to bright red.
6. For making the dressing; peel, quarter and core the apples.
7. Slice them in matchsticks shape.
8. Quickly add them to dressing to avoid discoloration of apples. Toss well.
9. Mix apple and dressing with cabbage. Taste before adding the salad to a bowl for serving.
10. Chill for a while and serve.