Minute Steaks Dijonnaise With Pommes Frites
|For the pommes frites|
|Vegetable oil||1 Quart|
|Russet potatoes||1 Pound, cut into 1/8-inch shoestring julienne|
|Top sirloin steak||24 Ounce, pounded until 1/4 inch thick (4 Steaks, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|For the sauce|
|Light olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a saucepan or a deep fryer, heat the oil to 350°F, then fry the rinsed and dried julienned potatoes for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
2) Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels, sprinkle with the salt and pepper and keep warm in the oven.
3) Rub the steaks evenly with the mustard and season with salt and pepper.
4) In a heavy saute pan or skillet, saute the steaks over a medium-high heat in the oil for about 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare or 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium. Remove and keep warm in the oven.
5) In the same pan, saute the shallots over a medium-high heat for 1 minute.
6) Stir in the wine, scrape sides of the pan, then add the cream and heat thoroughly.
7) Stir in the butter until thoroughly combined and add the parsley.
8) On warm serving plates, place the steaks in the center, spoon the sauce over and around the steaks, place the potatoes by the side and serve immediately.