Orange Pommes Croquettes
|Hot milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Required)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Orange||1 , grated rind|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Dry white bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep-Frying)|
1. Boil the potatoes and drain the water completely.
2. Also, put the boiled potatoes back on the heat to dry out completely.
3. After that, rub them in a sieve or pass through a potato ricer.
4. Make a firm paste mix by beating egg yolks, butter, and some hot milk.
5. Use salt and freshly ground pepper to season and add some the orange rind.
6. Keep this mixture aside until it becomes firm.
7. Now, shape some 1 inch wide and 1 1/2 inches long croquettes from the potato mixture.
8. Beat eggs to coat these croquettes. Cover them in bread crumbs and deep-fry in hot oil.