Orange Pommes Croquettes
|Hot milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Required)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Orange||1 , grated rind|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Dry white bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep-Frying)|
1. Boil the potatoes and drain the water completely.
2. Also, put the boiled potatoes back on the heat to dry out completely.
3. After that, rub them in a sieve or pass through a potato ricer.
4. Make a firm paste mix by beating egg yolks, butter, and some hot milk.
5. Use salt and freshly ground pepper to season and add some the orange rind.
6. Keep this mixture aside until it becomes firm.
7. Now, shape some 1 inch wide and 1 1/2 inches long croquettes from the potato mixture.
8. Beat eggs to coat these croquettes. Cover them in bread crumbs and deep-fry in hot oil.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5285 Calories from Fat 4328
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 489 g753%
Saturated Fat 74.4 g371.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 625.2 mg208.4%
Sodium 880.2 mg36.7%
Total Carbohydrates 216 g72.1%
Dietary Fiber 25.1 g100.5%
Sugars 30.1 g
Protein 38 g75.6%
Vitamin A 30.9% Vitamin C 417.5%
Calcium 44.6% Iron 60.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet