|Russet potatoes||8 Medium, pounded|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon, melted|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Snipped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut lengthwise into thin slices to make the bottom of potato will be flat.
3. Keeping flat side down, introduce crosswise slits along potato’s length at ¼ inch distance, leaving aside ¼ inch bottom.
4. Take a 13x9x2-inch baking dish, grease it and assemble potatoes in it.
5. In a bowl to prepare basil, pepper, salt and melted butter mixture and apply generously on the sliced potatoes.
6. Keep in 350° oven and bake for 45 minutes or till potatoes turn just tender. Brush butter occasionally.
7. Raise oven temperature to 450° and now top the potatoes with Parmesan cheese sufficient enough to stuff the slits made.
8. Bake for 15 more minutes or till potatoes become golden brown.
9. Using a slotted spoon, transfer baked potatoes to a serving dish.
10. Top with parsley and serve hot.