Pomfrets Fillets With Cheese And Parsley
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mashed potatoes||500 Gram|
|Grated cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Self raising flour/Maida||4 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Wash the fish fillets, apply salt and pour the lime juice over them and allow to marinate for 12 minutes.
2. Chop the spring onions in thin small rings.
3. Place the fillets in a flat pan and cover with the spring onions, tomatoes and the chopped parsley and chives. Add 2 cups water and cook till fish is soft. Reserve the fish soup. Strain it. This should take 10 minutes or so.
4. Place the butter and flour in the pan and stir vigorously. Add the pepper, the milk, half litre of the reserved fish soup and make a creamy white sauce. Add half the cheese and stir.
5. Lay the fish in the centre of a baking dish and pour the sauce over it. Pipe the mashed potato all round the dish and sprinkle a little chilli powder.
6. Sprinkle the remainder of the grated cheese on top of the sauce so a thick red crust forms when the dish is baked at 350Ã‚Â°F in the oven. Make sure the oven is hot when you place the dish inside it. This will take 35-45 minutes.
7. Serve with toasted triangles of bread and a green salad.