|Pomfret||1⁄2 Kilogram, cleaned and gashed for stuffing|
|For the marinade:|
|Pepper powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Fenugreek seeds||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Lime juice||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 Dessert Spoon)|
|For the stuffing:|
|Refined oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (2 Dessertspoon)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Green chilies||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Tomato||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped (2 Dessertspoon)|
|Refined oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
1. Grind the ingredients for the marinade.
2. Rub 2 dsp marinade evenly all over the fish and keep covered in a cool place for 2-3 hours.
3. Heat oil in a pan and fry onions, green chillies and ginger; fry till the onions are light brown in colour. Add tomatoes and saute until dry.
4. Add salt and sugar and mix well. Stuff the fish with this mixture. Seal the opening with beaten egg-white.
5. Heat oil in a skillet and fry the fish on both sides over low heat.