|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Large ripe plums||6 , halved and pitted|
1) Melt butter in small dish by heating it in the microwave for about a minute.
2) Mix sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
3) Dip the plums (halves) in this butter mixture and coat with the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
4) Place these coated plum halves in a 8x8 dish or on a serving plate.
5) Cover the dish/plate with wax paper and microwave for about 2 to 3 minutes on high temperature till the plums turn tender (turn the dish after a minute or two and also re-arrange the plums midway, for even cooking). Ensure the plums are not over cooked.
6) Take the dish out and allow it to cool.
7) After 2 minutes or so, when the plums cool, sprinkle the plums with the leftover sugar-cinnamon mixture (this is optional).
8) Serve the sugared plums as a garnish with meat dishes.