Wild Plum Butter
|Wild plums||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a large kettle, add in the plums.
2) Add enough water to cover.
3) Allow to boil.
4) Drain off the water and add in fresh water.
5) Cook till the skin of the plums pop. Add water as needed.
6) Continue to cook, while stirring till the mix thickens.
7) Press through a sieve and measure the pulp into another kettle.
8) For each cup of pulp added, put in 2 cups of sugar.
9) Cook till thick.
10) Transfer into hot sterilized jars and seal.
11) Serve with crackers or toast.