2. In a medium size bowl, beat egg whites till foamy and airy. Add sugar slowly, one tablespoon at a time and continuously beat till if forms firm peaks. Reserve egg yolks for sauce.
3. Fold in plum, lemon juice and few drops of red food colouring. The mixture will tint of pink now.
4. In a buttered 6 cup baking dish, pour the mixture evenly. . Place dish in baking pan on oven shelf; pour boiling water into pan to depth of about an inch.
5. In a moderate oven bake for 40 minutes at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit, just until firm in the center.
6. In a serving plate, unmold and serve warm with custard or hard sauce.
7. Chill and serve cold or warm as dessert