Greengage Plum Ice
|Greengage plums||17 Ounce|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Green food coloring||1 Teaspoon|
1. Cut into halves, pit and force through a sieve or food mill contents (including syrup) of can greengage plums.
2. Set aside.
3. Pour 1/2 cup water into a small cup or custard cup.
4. Sprinkle unflavored gelatin evenly over water.
5. Let stand until softened.
6. Meanwhile, heat 3/4 cup water until very hot.
7. Remove from heat and immediately stir in softened gelatin until gelatin is completely dissolved. Add sugar and salt and stir until sugar is dissolved.
8. Set aside to cool.
9. Combine plum puree with sugar syrup, orange juice and lemon juice.
10. To tint ice, mix in one or more drops green food coloring.
11. Cool. Pour into refrigerator tray. Freeze until firm (3 to 4 hrs.), stirring two or three times.
12. Serve in chilled sherbert cups.