|Plums||2 Pound, cut into halves and pits removed|
|Red currant jelly||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Ounce|
|Blanched almonds||12 (For Decoration)|
1) Take a saucepan and put plums into it with red currant jelly, 3/4 cup sugar and 1 1/4 cups water.
2) Slowly bring to a boil and then minimize the heat and boil gently for about 15 minutes until the plums are very tender.
3) Allow to cool slightly.
4) Process this in a blender for a few seconds till it is very smooth.
5) Take a mixing bowl and pour the mixture into it and keep aside.
6) Add the remaining water into the top pan of a double boiler.
7) Add gelatin over the water and keep aside for 5 minutes till it turns spongy.
8) Allow the pan to simmer over water and mix well until gelatin has dissolved.
9) Add it into the plum mixture and add more sugar, if necessary.
10) Allow refrigerate for 2-3 hours till it sets.
11) Wash a 5-cup metal mold with water.
12) Pour in the plum mixture and set back to refrigerate for a further 1-2 hours until set.
13) Use your fingers to loosen the gelatin away from the sides of the mold.
14) Plunge the mold bottom into a bowl of hot water for 2-3 seconds and place a dampened plate on top, upside down.
15) Turn the mold and plate over together by holding them firmly, giving a quick shake halfway around.
16) Further lift off the mold.
17) Use almonds to decorate.
18) Keep aside for 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.