|Purple plums||5 Pint, halved, pitted, and unpeeled (Dark Purple Variety)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Sugar||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Apple cider vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Leveled), mixed with salt|
|Salt||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Leveled), mixed with ground cloves|
1) In a saucepan, place the plums with water to cover.
2) Cover and cook plums slowly for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
3) Pout off the juice, and mix the pulp with remaining ingredients.
4) Allow to cook slowly 1 hour until consistency of applesauce.
5) Transfer the Plum Soy in sterilized jars and allow to cool.
6) Serve as desired in small ramekin bowls.