Malaysian Pesto Pizza
|Whole meal flour||200 Gram|
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Basil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Macadamia nuts||3 Medium|
|Thai basil leaves||4|
|Tuna flakes||185 Gram (in oil)|
1. Once you have all the ingredients for the dough, mix them all together, except the salt, in a bowl and gently knead it into a ball.
2. Don’t pour all the water first, but we add it in bit by bit. Add the salt last.
Once the ball is formed, cover the bowl with a damp towel and let it rest for one hour in the refrigerator.
3. Put a small pot of water to boil and a bowl of water with ice cubes on the side. Once water is boiling, plunge the local basil into hot water and immediately cool it down in iced water to blanch the basil. This is to keep the green colour in the pesto.
4. Then, remove the water by dabbing the basil leaves with kitchen paper towel. Once dry, put the basil into our lender together with the other ingredients (olive oil, cloves garlic, macadamia nuts, some salt and pepper) and blend until smooth.
5. Take the pizza dough out of the fridge and sprinkle a bit of flour onto our surface and a bit on the dough as well and start rolling. Try to shape it into a rough 20 cm diameter base.
6. Once the dough is flat like this, spread evenly the pesto unto the dough.
Then sprinkle the top with tuna flakes.
7. Now pop the pizza in the oven for baking in a preheat oven at 180 C and cook the pizza for 15 minutes.
8. Take the pizza out of oven when ready and add on is a few sprigs of fresh local basil.
Calories 438 Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.8%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 249.3 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 18 g36%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet