High Fiber Pizza Crust With Healthy Mince Meat Pasta Topping
|For the crust:|
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (plus more for dusting)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||15 Milliliter|
|Ice cold water||100 Milliliter|
|Italian herb mix||1 Teaspoon|
|For minced meat topping|
|Lean ground mutton||250 Gram|
|Ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried chili pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), chopped finely|
|Pizza sauce||3 Tablespoon (I used tomato mushroom sauce)|
|For pasta topping|
|Whole wheat pasta||100 Gram, cooked as per instructions (I used fusilli variety)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), crushed|
|Dried chili peppers||1 Teaspoon, powdered|
|Chili vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Low fat mozzarella cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|Low fat parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
The best part of this dish is that a portion of it can be made ahead to save time!
For the crust
1. Sift together whole wheat flour, salt and baking soda into a large mixing bowl. Add the herbs, olive oil and water and stir using a wooden ladle until the water is absorbed by the dough.
2. Using an electric mixer with dough kneading attachment, knead the down for 7-10 min until it leaves the sides of the bowl and stick to the middle.
3. Divide the dough into 2 equal proportions and form it into smooth balls. Rub with olive oil and refrigerate overnight in sealed pouches. Next day (or in the next couple of days) when you are ready to cook the pizza, remove it to room temperature and leave it covered 1 hr prior to rolling out.
You can get the topping mixes done when the dough is resting in the room temperature for an hour
For the Minced Meat Topping
4. Heat up 3 tablespoon olive oil in a pan and put minced meat. Let it cook in medium flame.
5. When the meat is cooked half way through, add pepper powder, chili flakes, minced garlic and salt to taste.
6. Cook until the meat is almost done. Add 3 tablespoon of tomato mushroom pizza sauce. Stir it well and cook for another couple of minutes in high flame to just give that smoky flavor. Switch off and keep aside.
For the Pasta Topping
7. Heat up 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan and add the garlic and chili flakes. Cook for a few seconds and add the cooked pasta. Stir to combine
8. Add the vinegar and lime juice and adjust the salt as needed. Stir for a minute or two and then switch off.
Getting the Crust & Topping Together
9. Take one dough ball at a time and roll it out on a floored surface in to a thin circle of about 12 inch diameter or into a rectangular shape, as you wish. When done, transfer the rolled crust onto a baking pan lined with butter paper.
10. Apply 3 tablespoon of sauce on the crust, followed by 3 tablespoon of parmesan cheese over it, minced meat filling and then the cooked pasta (as much as you like) over it.
11. Sprinkle about 4 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese or pizza cheese to finish and sprinkle the herbs over it. Repeat the same with the other portion of the dough.
12. Transfer to the oven and grill on high for about 10-15 min or until the crust is cooked and cheese melts.
13. I personally feel that pizza should be had as it is and never with any sauces or accompaniments. But if you differ; please feel free to pair it up with your favorite accompaniment.