Roasted Butternut Squash Pizza with Gluten-free Cornmeal Crust
|Butternut squash||1 , peeled, cut into pieces|
|Red onion||1 , chop|
|Agave syrup||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rosemary||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegan mozzarella||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For the pizza base)|
|Brown rice flour||3 Cup (48 tbs) (For the pizza base)|
|Baking powder||2 Tablespoon (For the pizza base)|
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil
3. In a bowl, toss 1 peeled and chopped butternut squash, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon agave syrup, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Toss into baking tray at put into the oven for 45 minutes.
5. In another baking tray, add chopped red inions and bake for 25 minutes.
6. In a pan, heat 1/4 cup olive oil.
7. Add 1 cup of garlic cloves and simmer for 15 minutes.
8. Add 5 sage leaves and fry for 2 minutes until crisp.
9. Add 1/4 cup rosemary and fry for 2 minutes.
10. Remove the pan from stove and let it cool.
11. Remove the butternut squash and red onions from the oven.
12. Turn the oven up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
13. For the pizza base: Cook 1/2 cup cornmeal as per package.
14. In a bowl, add 2-3 cups of brown rice flour, 2 tablespoons baking powder, a pinch of salt and pepper and mix.
15. Add the prepared cornmeal to this bowl.
16. Add water as required and knead.
17. Roll the dough into a pizza shape.
18. Brush the pizza base with the garlic infused olive oil.
19. Prebake the pizza base for 7 minutes.
20. Blend the roasted garlic and olive oil in a blender.
21. Add this blended garlic paste on the pizza base.
22. Next, add the baked butternut squash, onions and 1/2 cup of fake mozzarella.
23. Put this back into the oven and bake until the cheese melts.
24. Once the pizza is ready, add the crispy fried rosemary and sage.
25. Cut into slices with a pizza cutter and serve.