Cooking for Kids - Pizza Pinwheels
|Wheat pizza dough||450 Gram|
|Dijon mustard/Prepared mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely (without the rind)|
|Mozzarella cheese/Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
1. Let dough come to room temperature before you roll it out.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
3. Roll out pizza dough until 1/4 inch thick and the shape of a large rectangle (about 18 x 12 inches).
4. Evenly spread 2 tablespoons of mustard on the dough.
5. Sprinkle the ham and cheese on top of the dough.
6. Starting with end nearest you (the long end of the rectangle), roll the dough away from you, creating an even cylinder as you go (similar to a jelly roll).
7. Lightly sprinkle some flour on top of the roll (so it’s easier to cut) and using a serrated knife, cut the roll into 1/2 inch discs (pinwheels).
8. Place pinwheels on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and lightly press them with the palm of your hand to slightly flatten and bake for 12-15 minutes.
9. Let cool slightly before you pack into lunch box or serve warm as an after school or party snack.
To Freeze: After rolling up the dough, cut the roll in half and freeze for later. When you are ready just take it out and let it thaw to room temperature then cut them into pinwheels and follow the steps 7-8. Or you can just cut the entire roll in pinwheels and place some pinwheels on a baking sheet, freeze for 30 minutes then place them in a ziploc bag, label and freeze. But be sure to always let the pinwheels come to room temperature then bake.