Strawberries and Cream Tortilla Pizza
|Tortillas||2 32 (flour or corn or rice tortillas for a gluten-free option)|
|Strawberries||1 10, sliced (marcerated in sugar if you like)|
|Bananas||2 31, sliced|
|Unsalted butter||2 26, softened (for caramelized topping)|
|Brown sugar||3 26 (for caramelized topping)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 27 (for caramelized topping)|
|Heavy cream||2 10 (for whipped topping)|
|Granulated sugar||2 26 (for whipped topping)|
|Vanilla extract||1 27 (for whipped topping)|
|Greek strained yogurt||1 10 (for whipped topping)|
1. Lightly grease the bottom of a cookie sheet with butter---this will prevent the tortillas from sticking.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
3. Place the tortillas on the baking sheet.
4. Slice bananas and evenly distribute onto tortillas.
5. Add sliced strawberries----to address spatial concepts, place them ON TOP OF, NEXT TO, UNDER and BETWEEN the bananas.
6. To make the carmel-like topping combine 3 Tablespoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 Tablespoons room temperature unsalted butter. Blend well.
7. Evenly distribute the mixture over the tortillas.
8. Bake at 350 for approx 10 minutes. Edges of tortilla will begin to brown slightly.
9. TO MAKE THE WHIPPED TOPPING: In an electric mixer combine 2/3 cup heavy cream, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons sugar. Mix at high speed until stiff peaks start to form.
10. To make this topping super healthy, fold in 1/2 cup of greek yogurt. It contains 0 % fat, very low in sugar and is full of healthy yogurt cultures
11. Place the whipped topping on top of the warm tortilla. Cut into quarters with a pizza cutter. Serve warm!