Inspired by Neapolitan Pizza, this Pinched Pan style pizza is perfect for the home chef. Fresh ingredients, simple technique, and mix and match toppings make it easy to make and enjoy one of the most popular foods on earth!
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Fast acting yeast
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1 Can (10 oz), crushed
1 Can (10 oz)
Red pepper flake
2 Cup (32 tbs) (or topping of your choice)
1. In a large glass or ceramic bowl, combine hot water and yeast – gently whisk until yeast begins to bubble – then add salt and olive oil and whisk again.
2. Add the first two cups of flour, a bit at a time, stirring constantly.
3. As you add more flour, the dough will become sticky and will require a large spoon, then your hands to combine and work flour completely into dough.
4. Continue to add flour and begin to form a dough ball.
5. Place dough ball back into the bowl and cover with a clean kitchen cloth.
6. Let it rise for 3-4 hours in a warm area.
7. Once done, punch it down, knead thedough again, cover with plastic wrap and continue to let dough rise in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight; let dough warm up at room temperature before forming pizza crust in pan.
8. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
9. Place dough in center of lightly greased jelly roll pan and gently push dough with fingertips to outer edges of pan and up sides to form crust.
10. Pinch and pound any holes that occur from stretching dough.
11. Combine sauce ingredients (crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano and red pepper flakes) and stir to combine.
12. Gently pulse using an upright or immersion blender
12. Spread sauce over dough using back of a large spoon.
13. Do not over saturate with sauce, or dough will be soggy and limp.
14. Add a light layer of cheese and your choice of toppings (zucchini and mushrooms or any other).
15. Bake for 15-20 minutes in preheated 400 degree oven.
16. Let pizza set before slicing.