BLT Pizza - This Week's Feast
|For the pizza|
|Pizza crust||1 Medium|
|Tomato||1⁄2 Medium, sliced, quartered|
|Asparagus||2 Medium, thinly sliced at an angle (1 - 2 asparagus used)|
|Bacon||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, crumbled (1/2 - 1 Cup)|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, chopped (1 -2 Tbsp)|
|Irish cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated (1/2 - 1 Cup)|
|Spinach||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), torn|
|For the alfredo sauce|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||4 Medium, minced (3 -4 cloves used)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated (1/2 - 1 Cup)|
|For the green salad|
|Lettuce leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spinach||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, grated|
|Apple||1 Medium, chopped|
|For the orange dressing|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1/4 - 1/2 Cup)|
|Orange juice||3 Tablespoon (Juice from 2 Oranges)|
|Vinegar||1 Dash (Optional)|
1. Preheat oven to 475 F.
To prepare the pizza crust:
2. Roll out pizza dough and roll the edge a bit to make a crust. Bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
To prepare the Alfredo sauce:
3. Heat pan, add olive oil.
4. Whisk in flour, cook 30 seconds.
5. Add garlic, cook an additional 30 seconds.
6. Slowly whisk in milk. Over medium heat, let it thicken, whisking occasionally.
7. Once thick, remove from heat and whisk in parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
To prepare the Pizza:
8. Top pizza crust with alfredo sauce, tomato, asparagus, spinach, bacon, chives, and cheddar cheese.
9. Return to oven and bake for 7-8 minutes (or until crust is as crispy as you’d like it, and cheese is melted).
To prepare the green salad with the orange dressing:
10. In a bowl, slowly whisk olive oil into orange juice, creating an emulsion. Add salt, pepper and vinegar (if using).
11. In a bowl, add lettuce with spinach, carrot, and apple. Toss with the prepared orange dressing.
12. Serve the pizza with the green salad tossed in the orange dressing.