1. Start by dissolving 1 teaspoon yeast in 3 tablespoons lukewarm water with 1 teaspoon sugar. Keep aside in warm place, till foamy.
2. Take a bowl and measure the flour, add salt.
3. Make a well in the center and pour in the yeast and remaining water
4. Blend well with a wooden spoon or with hand, to make sticky dough.
5. Cover the bowl with a towel and let rest for an hour in a very warm place.
6. An hour later the dough should double in size (proof) resembling picture (5), if it fails to do so leave for another 30 min in a much warmer place.
7. Deflate the dough by punching it down with your fist. Dust it with a lot of dry flour to obtain a thicker consistency
8. Transfer the dough to a work surface and start kneading with hands using dry flour if needed.
9. Knead for a few minutes folding the dough in, until smooth and shiny, as in picture8.
10. Coat with oil.
11. Cover the dough with a towel if you are going to use it right away, if not then zip lock and refrigerate.
12. Roll out as required for your pizza base.
"Healthy pizza" sounds like an oxymoron right? But here is an attempt to make pizza from scratch no fat and whole wheat flour. Making a dough for the pizza crust can be tricky because their is no ideal water to flour ratio. Those who have tried making healthy versions, could have pulled out pizza crusts that look like roof tops! Follow the step by step instructions in the video to make wonderfully crispy yet soft and healthy pizza crusts.