Whole Wheat Pizza
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (105� to 115�)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry yeast||1 Teaspoon (1/2 package)|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Ground chuck||1⁄2 Pound|
|Pizza sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crushed red pepper||To Taste|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Fresh mushrooms||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sliced|
|Green pepper||1 , sliced as thin rings|
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Take a medium sized mixing bowl and combine and mix together water, oil, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in it.
3. Sprinkle yeast over mixture.
4. Stir continuously until ingredients dissolve.
5. Gradually add flour, mixing well after each addition.
6. Prepare smooth dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface.
7. Knead the dough for about 4 minutes or until it becomes smooth and elastic.
8. Take a bowl and coat it with cooking spray.
9. Shape the dough into ball and place it in the greased bowl, turning to grease top.
10. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
11. Take a 12-inch pizza pan and coat it with cooking spray; set aside.
12. Punch dough down.
13. Lightly coat hands with cooking spray, and pat dough evenly into pizza pan.
14. Bake at 425° for 5 minutes.
15. In a skillet, combine ground chuck and 1/2 tea spoon salt.
16. Cook over medium heat until meat is browned, stirring to crumble.
17. Drain beef well on paper towels.
18. Leave ½ inch border around edges over the pizza crust, and spread evenly 1 cup pizza sauce on it.
19. Sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese over top.
20. Spread meat over cheese on pizza crust.
21. Top the crust with mushrooms, green onions, and green pepper, if desired.
22. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes.
23. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
24. Bake 5 minutes.
25. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper, if desired.
26. Serve whole wheat pizza immediately with tomato sauce.