Whole meal Pizza Dough for Two
|Fresh yeast/Dried - 10 ml (2 tsp)||1⁄2 Ounce (15 g)|
|Caster sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2.5 ml)|
|Milk||120 Milliliter (8 tablespoon)|
|Plain wholemeal flour||6 Ounce (175 g)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 g)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1) In a small bowl, mix together fresh yeast with the milk.
2) For dried yeast, dissolve the sugar in the milk and sprinkle over the yeast.
3) Put the fresh or dried yeast mixture in a warm place for 15 minutes until frothy.
4) In a bowl, place together the flour and salt.
5) Using hands rub in the butter, in the flour.
6) Stir in the yeast mixture and egg, in the flour.
7) Lightly dust the working surface with flour.
8) Knead the flour over the floured surface for 10 minutes.
9) Put the dough in the bowl, wrap with a tea towel.
10) Place the dough in a warm place for 1 hour until doubles in size.
11) Knock the dough and roll out to a 20.5 cm (8 inch) round.
12) Use as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1079 Calories from Fat 410
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g71.3%
Saturated Fat 25.7 g128.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 314.9 mg105%
Sodium 1871.1 mg78%
Total Carbohydrates 135 g45.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 14.7 g
Protein 30 g59.1%
Vitamin A 28.6% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 17.5% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet