|For making base|
|Cornmeal||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Whole meal flour||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , peeled and finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
1. Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6, 400°F (200°C).
2. For preparing base - In a bowl, add flour, cornmeal, salt and baking powder and mix well.
3. Take a jug- add milk with oil and olive oil.
4. Pour this milk mixture over dry ingredients and prepare soft dough. Add little more milk if necessary.
5. Spread the dough over well-greased baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
6. Prepare the topping.
7. Take a skillet, add oil and heat it gently. Add garlic and onion and fry for 5- 10 minutes until the vegetables turn soft.
8. Stir in herbs, tomato puree, and water to moisten the sauce.
9. Season as per the taste preferences.
10. Spoon the sauce over the pizza base.
11. Top the sauce with mozzarella cheese.
12. Grill for about 5-6 minutes until the cheese melts away.
13. Serve the cornmeal pizza warm with some dipping sauce.