Pizza By The Yard
Tomato paste - 1 (6-ounce) can
Parmesan cheese - 1/3 cup, grated
Onion - 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Ripe olives - 1/4 cup, chopped, pitted
Salt - 3/4 teaspoon
Dried oregano leaves - 1/2 teaspoon, crushed
Pepper - 1/8 teaspoon
Beef - 1 pound, ground
Tomatoes - 4, sliced (16 slices)
Sliced sharp process American cheese - 1 (8-ounce) package
1. Lengthwise cut loaf in half.
2. Cut cheese into 1 inch thin strips.
3. Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together tomato paste, Parmesan cheese, onion, olives, salt, oregano and pepper.
5. Blend in meat.
6. On each of the loaf halves, spread meat mixture on top.
7. Place loaves on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
8. Remove loaf from oven and top with slices of tomatoes.
9. Place cheese strips in crisscross pattern atop tomatoes.
10. Bake for another 5 minutes.
11. Serve hot Pizza By The Yard with some seasonings.