Tuna and Tomato Pizza
|For the dough|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (At 105�-115�F)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole-wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|For the topping|
|Onions||2 , sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|Sweet red pepper/Sweet green pepper||1 , sliced|
|Canned white tuna in water||1 Can (10 oz), drained, flaked|
|Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sliced black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. ln a small bowl, add warm water, yeast and sugar. Allow the yeast to rest 5 minutes, until it becomes foamy.
2. In another bowl, combine flours, make a well in the center and pour in yeast mixture with oil, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Gradually stir until dough comes together into a ball.
3. On a lightly floured surface knead dough about 8 minutes. Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover, and allow proofing for 60 about minutes, until doubled in volume.
4. Spread the dough to ½ inch thickness, and arrange tuna, onion and sweet peppers over it.
5. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese and olives over the topped pizza.
6. In a preheated oven bake the pizza at 250 degrees centigrade for about 15 to 20 minutes, until crust is brown and cheese is golden in color.
7. Serve hot.