Best of All Pizzas
|Warm water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce|
|All purpose flour||4 1⁄3 Cup (69.33 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
To prepare crust:
1. If possible, check temperature of warm water with thermometer.
2. Sprinkle yeast over water in large bowl, stirring until dissolved.
3. Add 2 tablespoons salad oil, the salt and 4 cups flour and stir, with wooden spoon, until all flour is moistened.
4. Turn out on lightly floured surface.
5. Knead in remaining flour until smooth for about 10 minutes.
6. In medium bowl, place brush very lightly with salad oil.
7. Coyer with towel and let it rise in warm place (85f), free from drafts, until double in bulk- about 2 hours.
8. Alternately if desired, refrigerate dough, covered, to rise overnight.
9. Next day, remove from refrigerator and let it stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
10. Punch down dough divide in half, pat and stretch each half to fit a 14-inch pizza pan.
11. Move oven rack to lowest position place cookie sheet on rack to heat to obtain a crisp crust.
12. Preheat oven to 500f.
13. Arrange one of desired fillings over dough, as desired and let it set for 10 minutes.
14. Bake pizza, placing pan on cookie sheet, about 20 minutes until crust is golden-brown and filling is bubbly.
15. Serve the pizza hot with garnish as desired.
Calories 354 Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.3%
Saturated Fat 0.26 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 649 mg27%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 10 g19.6%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 24.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet