Whole Wheat Pizza With Chanterelle And Eggplant
|For the whole wheat dough|
|Active dry yeast||10 Gram (1 Envelope)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat flour||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)|
|For the topping|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Eggplants||2 Medium, trimmed, sliced into 1/4-inch thickness|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Chanterelle mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, cleaned, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices|
|Freshly grated mozzarella cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Goat cheese||1⁄4 Pound, made into 1/4-inch cubes|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Leek||1 Medium, cleaned, trimmed, thinly sliced|
|Plum tomatoes||4 , thinly sliced|
|Sage||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Oregano||1 Tablespoon, freshly chopped|
|Thyme sprigs||3 (For Garnish)|
1) In a bowl, mix yeast in warm water and let rest for about 10 minutes.
2) In a bowl, add cold water, honey, olive oil and salt.
3) Into the food processor, add the flour. While the machine runs slowly pour in the honey mixture. Next, pour in the yeast. Let it process till a soft dough forms at the base of the blade.
4) Remove the dough onto a buttered bowl. Cover and set aside the dough till it has risen to double its size.
5) Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead it into a smooth dough. Divide the dough into four equal portions. Roll them, slightly flatten and place on a plate. Cover each plate with a damp cloth and let chill in the refrigerator overnight.
6) Roll out each piece of dough into 7 to 8-inches diameter circle.
7) Preheat the oven to 500° F. Lightly sprinkle a wooden pizza paddle with flour or semolina.
8) Place one of the pizza dough on the wooden paddle and brush it with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
9) In a saute pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil. Heat over medium flame and saute the eggplant slices till they brown on both sides.
10) Add in salt and pepper. Mix and transfer the eggplant onto a plate.
11) Into the same pan, add the chanterelles and saute till they wilt slightly. If needed, add more olive oil to avoid burning. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Remove the chanterelles onto a plate.
12) Sprinkle mozzarella, goat cheese, eggplant and chanterelles over the dough. Next, sprinkle it over with garlic and leeks. Place sliced tomatoes on top and sprinkle with sage and oregano.
13) Slide the paddle in and bake the dough over the stone pizza for about 12 minutes or until the cheese starts bubbling.
7) Slice the pizzas into wedges over a cutting board.
8) Serve the pizza slices on warm plates, garnished with fresh thyme on top.