Basic Pizza Dough
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 envelope)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, add salt, honey, olive oil and cold water. Mix together.
2) In another bowl, add warm water and active dry yeast. Allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
3) In a food processor, add flour. While the machine runs, gently pour in the honey mixture. Next, add in the yeast mixture. Let the machine run till a dough forms around the blade.
4) Remove the dough onto a lightly floured platform. Knead the dough till it becomes smooth.
5) Place the smooth dough in a dish greased with butter. Cover the dish and let the dough rest for about 30 minutes.
6) Take the dough out and divide into four equal portions. Take each portion, roll it slightly, flatten it out and put aside on a plate.
7) Cover each portion with a damp cloth and chill in the fridge.
8) An hour prior to baking time, take the four pieces of dough out and let them come down to room temperature.
9) On a lightly floured platform, shape the flattened dough into 6-inch circles. With your fingerstips, gently press so that the outside edge is slightly thicker than the inside edge. Flip the dough over and do the same.
10) Next, pick the dough up with both hands and gently pull the edges out to shape it into a 7-8 -inch circle. Repeat the process with the other three portions of dough as well.
11) Top the Basic Pizza Dough with your choice of garnish before setting it to bake.
Calories 424 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.1%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 490.1 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 10 g20.7%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 26.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet