Pasta And Pizza
|Pita||1 Ounce, split (1 Small One)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Provolone cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce, shredded|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Ounce|
|Slivered basil||2 Tablespoon (Fresh Ones)|
|Julienned red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Julienned green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|1% milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Linguine||2 1⁄4 Ounce, cooked and drained|
|Smoked turkey breast||1 Ounce, slivered|
1. Seed and chop one tomato. Thinly slice remaining tomato; reserve for pizza.
2. To prepare pizza, preheat oven to 425°F. Drizzle pita halves evenly with oil; arrange the sliced tomato around edges. Sprinkle the provolone cheese, 1/4 ounce of the Parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon of the basil over tomatoes.
3. Bake 6-8 minutes, or until bubbly and golden around the edges. Cut into wedges.
4. While pizza is baking, prepare pasta sauce: Spray medium nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; add peppers. Saute over medium-low heat, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and the chopped tomato; cook 3 minutes, or until soft and most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in milk and the remaining 1/2 ounce of the Parmesan cheese.
5. Add pasta, the remaining 1 tablespoon basil and the turkey; toss to mix well. To serve, place half the pasta in center of 2 dishes. Surround each with half the pizza wedges; serve hot or warm.