|Enriched all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Less 1 Tablespoon)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, divided|
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°F before baking.
2) Take a bowl and mix together flour, baking soda, and salt in it.
3) Sift the dry ingredient mixture into a medium bowl.
4) Cut in margarine with a pastry blender, or 2 knives used scissor-fashion, until mixture resembles coarse meal.
5) Mix in onion flakes and stir in buttermilk until all ingredients are blended.
6) Onto non-stick baking sheet, drop batter by teaspoonsful, forming 12 mounds and allowing a space of about 3 inches between each.
7) Flatten each mound into a 2- to 2 1/2-inch round using back of spoon.
8) Bake this for about 15 minutes in preheated oven until browned.
9) Take off the baking sheet from oven and spread 2 teaspoons tomato sauce over each round.
10) Top each with 1/2 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
11) Place them back to oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes until cheese melts.
12) Serve at once.
Calories 244 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.6%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.6 mg2.2%
Sodium 413.6 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.6%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 9 g17.1%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 11.3%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet