Zucchini Veal Pizza
|Zucchini||4 Cup (64 tbs), shredded|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (Divided)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Onion powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce, shredded|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, shredded|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Veal||8 Ounce, ground|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oregano leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Italian seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated|
1) Preheat the oven to 400Â°F.
2) In a colander, sprinkle the zucchini with 1 teaspoon salt and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Then rinse under running cold water and squeeze well.
3) In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, onion powder and garlic powder together.
4) Add zucchini and 2 ounces each of the mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses, mix thoroughly.
5) Spray a 14 x 10-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and press the zucchini mixture over the bottom of the pan.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until set.
7) In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, saute the veal in the oil over a medium heat, stir occasionally and cook until browned, remove and keep aside.
8) In the skillet drippings, stir in the bell pepper, mushrooms, onion and garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, until softened.
9) Return the veal into the skillet, stir in the tomato sauce, seasonings and rest of the salt, stirring occasionally and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the veal is thoroughly cooked.
10) Spread the veal mixture evenly over the crust, top with the remaining mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
11) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes until the crust is lightly browned.
12) Slice and serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 527 Calories from Fat 288
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.1%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g79.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 250.5 mg83.5%
Sodium 2583.9 mg107.7%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 42 g84.5%
Vitamin A 25.3% Vitamin C 77.1%
Calcium 47.1% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet