Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pizza Crust
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (105°-115°F)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Water||3 Tablespoon (As Required)|
1. In a bowl, sprinkle the yeast over 1/3 cup warm water and let it stand in in a warm place for about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
2. Add oil and honey to the mixture.
3. Using either your hands or a food processor, whole wheat flour and salt.
4. Mix together and stir in the yeast mixture.
5. Gradually pour in the buttermilk, stirring to mix.
6. Add water of needed and form a dough that is elastic, sticky and wet.
7. Place the dough on an oiled bowl so that the entire surface is oiled.
8. Cover with plastic wrap or damp cloth and let rise to double for 1 hour in a warm place.
9. Knead the dough after that for 30 seconds to press out the bubbles. Shape into a ball and let it stand for another 5 minutes.
10. Pre-heat the oven to 400Â°F.
11. With a rolling pin, roll the dough out to 1 large 14-15-inch circle, about 1/2-inch thick or 2 9-inch circles of the same thickness.
12. Take a greased pan or 2 pans and place the dough and pinch the edges into a rim.
13. Spread your choice of sauce, toppings and cheese on the dough.
14. In the oven, bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
15. Serve hot, sliced with a pizza cutter.
Calories 676 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 14 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 126 g42.1%
Dietary Fiber 21.6 g86.2%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 28 g55.2%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 42.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet