|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Icing sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Red currant jelly||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red food coloring||1 Teaspoon|
|Pears||6 , sliced|
|Whipped cream||1 Tablespoon (For Garnishing)|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) To prepare crust, mix together butter and icing sugar, creaming them well.
3) Make a soft dough by blending flour to this.
4) Take a 12" pizza pan, press on bottom and sides of it with this crust mixture and then make perforations with a fork.
5) Bake the crust for 15 to 18 minutes in preheated oven and then let cool.
6) Take a small saucepan and mix together cornstarch, sugar and mace in it.
7) Mix in orange juice and jelly and then stir cook the mixture until it thickens and boils.
8) Again cook the glaze for 2 more minutes and let cool slightly.
9) Stir in red coloring.
10) In the baked shell, arrange the pear slices in a circle on outside and then work towards center.
11) Pour over currant glaze and allow chilling.
12) Decorate with whipped cream rosettes and serve cold.
Instead of the pears, fresh peaches or nectarines can be used, if desired.