|Dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Lukewarm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Plus Additional For Dusting The Board)|
|Tomato sauce/Your favorite purchased brand||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Low fat mozzarella cheese||6 Ounce, coarsely grated|
|Sliced zucchini||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced peppers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Red / Yellow / Green Variety)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped herbs||1 Tablespoon (Uch As Basil, Parsley, Dill, Oregano, Or Chives)|
1) Preheat oven hot to 500°F.
2) In a small bowl, proof yeast with sugar in 1/4 cup of the water. Cover tightly and leave for 5 minutes till foamy.
3) Pour the yeast mixture to a bowl, add water, flours, salt and combine well.
4) Lightly flour a board and turn the dough in it and knead it adding additional flour or if required for 10 minutes till smooth and elastic.
5) Place in a lightly oiled bowl and rotate to coat it with oil, and let it rise. Cover tightly and keep in a warm place for 1 hour till double in bulk.
6) Make the dough into 6 balls and roll out each into a 5-inch round for a thick crust or a 9-inch round for a thin crust.
7) Put it into cookie sheets and spread evenly 2 tablespoons of the tomato sauce on each one.
8) Arrange any optional toppings over the sauce and sprinkle one-sixth of the cheese on top.
9) Place in oven and bake at the bottom of oven for 10 to 12 minutes till crust is golden.
10) Serve hot.
Calories 588 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.3%
Saturated Fat 9 g44.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.4 mg18.1%
Sodium 1517.6 mg63.2%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 14.3 g57.4%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 38 g75.3%
Vitamin A 18.5% Vitamin C 14.2%
Calcium 71.7% Iron 31.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet