|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Bread flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For pizza sauce|
|Finely chopped green bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Italian turkey sausage||2 Ounce, crumbled, cooked|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked until soft|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shredded part skim mozzarella cheese||1 Ounce (1/4 Cup)|
1. In a cup or small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water and let stand for 10 minutes to activate yeast.
2. In a medium bowl combine the flours and salt.
3. Add oil and yeast mixture and bind into a soft dough
4. Turn out onto a floured work surface and knead until elastic.
5. Form into a tight ball and place in a greased bowl and spray dough with cooking spray
6. Cover bowl with kitchen towel and place in a warm area to ferment for about 1 hour until risen and doubled in size.
7. Preheat the oven to 400°F
8. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
9. Punch dough to knock out air.
10. Turn out onto a floured surface and roll out into a circle 1/4-inch thick
11. Use a 2-inch cookie cutter to cut out about 32 circles, combining scraps and re-rolling dough.
12. Arrange dough circles on baking sheet.
13. Spoon and spread about 1/2. teaspoon sauce on each base
14. Top with bell peppers and onions.
15. On 16 pizza place sausage slice and on remaining arrange mushroom slices.
16. Sprinkle pizzas with cheeses.
17. Just before serving bake pizzas for 10 to 15 minutes just until cheese melts.
18. Arrange on a platter and serve immediately.